Our Mission and Vision Statement
Our mission is to promote growth, equity and community spirit within Gailes Community and surrounding areas, providing support and assistance to those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged, providing a pathway to assist with the alleviation of poverty, isolation and respond to the critical need of families and individuals.
Our vision is to provide a safe and friendly environment for individuals, families, and whole of community providing opportunities to engage in community activities and programs, one on one personal support, advocacy and referrals. We will achieve this by implementing our H.E.L.P strategy:
Help – to individuals & groups
Encouragement – of people to meet their own needs
Liaison – with government and other service providers
Promotion – of a safe, friendly and supportive environment
Gailes Residents’ Committee Inc. identified objectives and outcomes in achieving the organisation’s Vision/Mission Statement. These objectives are:
- To establish services which alleviate poverty and that respond to the critical needs of people who are disadvantaged
- To identify, provide or refer services, resources or activities that assist in the alleviation of poverty, provide assistance of critical need, promote healthy families and support the greater community
- To link with local community groups, community organizations and government
- To have sound foundations that enable accountability/legislative regulations to be met
- To provide social, supportive and educational activities to individuals and families that encourages community engagement, cohesion and participation.
- To provide a community place
- To raise by lawful means such funds as may be deemed necessary in the pursuit of the objectives of GAILES RESIDENTS COMMITTEE INC.